POSITION: Purchase Ledger Accounts Assistant
START DATE: ASAP
LOCATION: Camberley, UK
Performance54 is an energetic, innovative golf marketing agency, with a client base throughout Europe, Middle East and Asia. Specialising in sponsorship strategy and activation, tournament promotion and management, PR and communications, media buying and advertising, content generation, and destination marketing, the Performance54 team boasts more than 80 years of golf marketing experience and has been trusted by some of the world’s best-known brands.
Following significant growth of the core business and a recent acquisition of Red Door54, we are looking to enhance our accounting department to support this growth. Reporting to the Finance Director and working alongside the assistant accountant, the successful candidate will have purchase ledger experience in a SME environment, experience using a purchase order system and QuickBooks Online would both be advantageous. This is a unique opportunity to get involved in a growing company and help shape the financial controls of the business to prepare the company for the next phase of its development.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Purchase ledger invoice processing
- Management of the Zoho Expenses system to ensure accurate recording and receipting of employee expenses
- Month End Journal preparation and posting, including prepayments and accruals
- Weekly/monthly bank reconciliations
- Working with external accountants to help submit Quarterly VAT returns
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Ad hoc analysis tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the company
- Highly numerate and experience of dealing in multiple currencies
- Strong Excel skills, ability to manipulate data accurately, use of vlookups and sumifs, etc.
- Minimum 2 years SME experience
- Quickbooks Accounting software
- Experience of working in a Marketing and/or Agency environment
- Knowledge and enjoyment of Sports
- Normal office hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm)
- 25 days holiday (3 days to be taken during the Christmas period, plus public holidays)
- Salary: Competitive