Performance54 is an energetic, innovative golf marketing agency, with a client base throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Specialising in sponsorship strategy and activation, tournament promotion and management, PR and communications, and destination marketing, the Performance54 team boasts unrivalled experience and is trusted by some of the world’s best-known brands.
The opportunity exists for an experienced, driven, and organised PR & Communications Manager to join the Performance54 team on a full time basis, supporting the team in its conceptualisation and delivery of the communications plan for the Aramco Team Series. The desired candidate will be UK based, and will be required to travel to UK & international events.
A passion for the game of golf and extensive experience in a communications role within the golf or sports industries are essential.
The candidate must also be comfortable working on multiple projects concurrently and meeting tight deadlines. Experience in working on communications programmes for major international events is highly desirable.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Working with Campaign Manager to conceptualise, agree and deliver the communications plan for each event
- Day-to-Day Management of PR Agency in delivery its service scope around event series, including:
- Ensuring delivery to pre-agreed communications calendar
- Reviewing any communications materials (such as press releases)
- Providing any information or materials in order for agency to perform its function to a high standard
- Drafting of content and management of construction event programme
- Drafting of website copywriting
- General support with all campaign copywriting requirements to ensure consistent tone of voice
- Management of event media partners, including the development and provision of any materials required for their use (such as briefing and information documents)
- Management of event sponsors in regards to communications materials. This includes discussing press releases and any external facing documents with partners and ensuring their approval before distribution.
- Ensuring the Partner Hub is updated for each partner with all relevant materials
- Playing a contributing role in the management of the media centre on site at events, including:
- Organisation of press conferences, both virtual and in-person
- The issuing of media accreditation and ensuring key media are engaged early in order to secure their attendance
- The management of a multilingual newsroom, ensuring timely communications following the events of the day
SPECIAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCE/APTITUDES NEEDED:
- Knowledge of current trends relating to sports marketing and communications
- Knowledge of the golf media landscape and a strong database of contacts in the golf media sector
- Experience in narrative development for brands or events
- Experience in a consumer communications role for a respected brand, organisation or event connected to golf
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain records and produce reports
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- £30,000-£35,000 salary dependent on individual
- Annual Discretionary Company Bonus – up to 8% – 3% Company & 5% Individual
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays), pro-rated
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Private Healthcare
- Staff clothing
- Working hours will be from 09.00 to 17.30 with an hour taken for lunch between 12.00 and 14.00
- International travel
- Reports to Senior Campaign Manager