Performance54 is an energetic and innovative group of sports marketing, event management, and activation agencies with a client base throughout Europe, the Middle East, the U.S., and Asia.
Headquartered in London, Performance54 also has offices in Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, and the U.S.
Specialising in sponsorship strategy and activation, tournament promotion and management, PR and communications, and destination marketing, Performance54 team is trusted by some of the world’s best-known brands and rights holders.
The opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and driven lawyer to join the Performance54 team to advise the business on a range of commercial matters including ambassador arrangements, brand partnerships, advertising/marketing/PR services, and event supplier contracts.
The successful candidate will also assist in advising on a range of legal topics including governance and compliance matters (including insurance), intellectual property issues, and employment issues, and will lead on contract management.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the role will suit an individual with 3-5 years PQE with some experience working in-house for a brand, rights holder, or governing body within the sports industry.
A knowledge of the global sports industry landscape is desirable, and the candidate must be comfortable working on multiple projects and to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will be based in the UK and travel to the London office will be required.
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts including ambassador arrangements, brand partnerships, advertising/marketing/PR services, and event supplier contracts.
- Providing accurate, relevant, and timely advice to the business on a variety of legal topics as required e.g. governance and compliance, intellectual property issues, and employment issues.
- Promoting legal, compliance, and risk management best practice throughout the business, and managing and mitigating legal risks by ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Management and development of the business’s template database.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You will have:
- Qualified in England & Wales or another common law jurisdiction.
- In-house experience – this could have been gained on secondment.
- Good interpersonal skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including fluency in English.
- The ability to work on multiple projects and to tight deadlines.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
It would be great if you also have:
- A knowledge and understanding of the sport industry.
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up/scale-up environment.
- Experience of advising on issues related to event management.
- Experience advising on cross-border matters.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary
- Private Medical Insurance (inc. worldwide travel cover)
- EAP (Employee Assistance program)
- Annual Digital Subscription to Global Golf Post
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 8% discretionary annual bonus (3% company, 5% personal performance)
- Hybrid working (2-3 days per week in office, rest of the week remote)