54 is a sports agency seeking to lead sport into a new realm of possibility through creativity and innovation. Our services include sports strategy, marketing, events, commercial strategy as well as data and insights and sustainability strategy. Founded in 2015, 54 has cemented its position as one of the fastest growing sport agencies in the world.
Our clients are rights holders, governing bodies, household brands and major investors who share our belief in the power of sport.
We are seeking an experienced and well-rounded Head of Marketing Strategy – KSA with outstanding experience across the marketing mix to deliver strategic solutions for a broad spectrum of market-leading clients and events.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess a high work ethic, excellent communication skills, strategic thinking abilities, strong organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills. They should be used to managing high-profile clients and a team of internal specialists and external suppliers to deliver against bold objectives.
As head of the growing KSA Marketing team, the successful candidate will initially have two direct reports and will be an integral part of the Global Marketing Senior Leadership Team reporting into the Global Marketing Director to manage resourcing and meet departmental KPI targets.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the marketing function in KSA (currently four permanent staff, but growing rapidly)
- Oversee four marketing professionals ensuring each is adequately guided and supported to perform at a high level
- Monitor and provide feedback on team dynamics
- Excellent communication and team player
- Have strong relations and regular dialogue with all other senior managers to ensure solutions to overall departmental objectives are catered for
- Develop and ensure the delivery of impactful marketing strategies on behalf of a range of clients, including governing bodies, brands, events, and destinations
- Develop campaign strategies and timelines, considering target audiences and identifying appropriate tactics and channels to engage and convert
- Work with the creative department to develop new brands and sub-brands in the delivery of marketing campaigns
- Co-ordinate a team to ensure that key workstreams are activated and delivered in keeping with pre-agreed timelines
- The Head of Marketing Strategy – KSA will lead on the agency’s key Marketing accounts and will need to ensure the very highest levels of delivery
- The Head of Marketing Strategy – KSA will be responsible for the delivery of our services and meeting client KPIs
- Work hand-in-hand with the Marketing Strategy, Senior Account Director – Events to ensure the successful ‘on the ground’ delivery of all Saudi-hosted events delivered by P54.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure maximum leverage of external channels and ensure objectives are being considered throughout
- Work with and across internal departments to generate shared benefits through the delivery of campaigns
- Provide insightful industry research and information, and keep the business and stakeholders abreast of updates that may be of interest
- Oversee the procurement and management of external agencies, when necessary
- Build trust and support amongst key business leaders and industry stakeholders
Work with the Global Marketing Director and HR Director to ensure the Marketing team is being efficiently utilised and identify any requirements for recruitment
- As the most senior member of the Marketing division in KSA, advise on any other resourcing / recruitment needs for the division in the Kingdom
- Monitor and provide feedback, when necessary, on team dynamics
- Delegate responsibility where appropriate but oversee team delivery
- Be the main individual responsible for representing the KSA Marketing team internally and externally
- Be an authoritative figure prepared to support team members as required on conference calls and face-to-face meetings
- Provide concise updates to senior management and key stakeholders
- Experience working across the marketing mix and delivering strategic solutions utilising a range of modern marketing tactics and practices, including earned and paid media, content generation, social media, brand development and management, campaign development, and digital marketing
- Experience in developing cross-channel campaigns for consumer facing brands and/or sports events and track record in impacting company sales
- Experience in leading high-performing teams
- Knowledge of current trends relating to sports marketing and the golf industry
- Knowledge of golf, sport, lifestyle and news media landscapes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and multi-tasking
- Experience of tourism / destination marketing, preferable
- Minimum of 8 years of marketing experience
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- SAD430,00-455,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Annual Discretionary Company Bonus – up to 8% – 3% Company & 5% Individual
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays), pro-rated
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Insurance
- P54 Goodie Bag
- Working hours will be Sunday to Thursday, 09.00 to 17.30 with an hour taken for lunch between 12.00 and 14.00 with travel and additional hours as reasonably required.