Performance54 is an energetic, innovative golf marketing agency, with a client base throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Specialising in sponsorship strategy and activation, tournament promotion and management, PR and communications, and destination marketing, the Performance54 team boasts unrivalled experience and is trusted by some of the world’s best-known brands.
ACA qualified with 3-5 years working experience post qualification, events experience desirable. The company is looking to fill a newly created position for an Events Financial Controller to join the Performance54 finance team. Working directly for the CFO and Global Event Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of high quality financial and management information to add value to the management decisions across our key international portfolio of events and to ensure that an effective control environment is in place and operational. The desired candidate will be based from the Performance54 office in Wimbledon, with occasional international travel required to events under management.
The candidate must have advanced Excel skills and an understanding and experience of working with event budgets is essential. Ideally will be excited by the prospect of travel within the role and able to travel a minimum of 5 weeks out of the year to be present at events.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Budget preparation for the Events to facilitate effective financial management.
- Review the Event Nominal Ledger on a regular basis with the Event Directors to ensure classifications of expense are accurate and in line with budget expectations.
- Oversee the Event payables process from acceptance of invoice through to submission of payables list for CFO approval
- Oversee the receivables invoicing for the events, ensuring all revenues have been accounted for and all recharges are completed in a timely manner following the Events.
- Management of the Event Finance Business Partners
- Review month end accruals and prepayments in line with the accounting recognition of the Events.
- Manage the completion of the Event audit files that summarise all expenses incurred on the event for submission to external audit
- Support preparation of local VAT and WHT filings as required.
- Produce timely, accurate monthly and annual reports to identify trends and financial forecasts – with the support of an experienced Finance Manager
- Support month end review and review of Supplier income calculation and billings
- Oversee and manage Events treasury including preparation of cash flow forecasts and monitoring of cash availability for events
- Ensuring rolling forecasts are maintained with transparent client visibility and regular detailed reporting
- Ensure a rigorous control environment across systems and processes
- Support audit enquiries
- Supporting negotiation with customers and suppliers in relation to high value engagements
- Value added support to the Events team on ad hoc tasks
REQUIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Ideally sporting/ events experience (international experience preferable)
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a finance team
- Quick thinking, decisive and high energy
- First class organisational skills with ability to see things through.
- Strong attention to detail
- Track record in analysis, modelling and forecasting
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual salary (+ public holidays)
- Up to 8% bonus
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme