54 is a sports agency seeking to lead sport into a new realm of possibility through creativity and innovation. Our services include sports strategy, marketing, events, commercial strategy as well as data and insights and sustainability strategy. Founded in 2015, 54 has cemented its position as one of the fastest growing sport agencies in the world.
Our clients are rights holders, governing bodies, household brands and major investors who share our belief in the power of sport.
This is a created position for an Events Finance Manager to join the 54 finance team. You will be responsible for the delivery of high quality financial and management information to add value to the management decisions across our key international portfolio of events and to ensure that an effective control environment is in place and operational. The role will be based from the 54 office in Wimbledon, with occasional international travel required to events under management.
You will have advanced Excel skills and an understanding and experience of working with event budgets.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the budget preparation for the Events to facilitate effective financial management.
- Review the Event Nominal Ledger on a regular basis with the Event Directors to ensure classifications of expense are accurate and in line with budget expectations
- Manage the Event payables process from acceptance of invoice through to submission of payables list for CFO approval
- Manage the receivables invoicing for the events, ensuring all revenues have been accounted for and all recharges are completed in a timely manner following the Events.
- Prepare the Event Management Accounts and supporting variance analysis to provide financial and supporting information to the decision making process
- Prepare month end accruals and prepayments in line with the accounting recognition of the Events.
- Manage the Event audit file that summarises all expenses incurred on the event for submission to external audit.
- Prepare and submit local VAT and WHT filings as required.
YOUR SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy
- Outstanding Interpersonal skills, both written and verbally, Including the ability to communicate confidently and professionally across all levels of the business
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Quick decision-making skills
- The ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the business
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work unsupervised
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual salary (+ public holidays)
- Up to 8% bonus
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme