Performance54 is an energetic, innovative golf marketing agency, with a client base throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Specialising in sponsorship strategy and activation, tournament promotion and management, PR and communications, and destination marketing, the Performance54 team boasts unrivalled experience and is trusted by some of the world’s best-known brands.
The opportunity exists for an experienced, driven, and organised Communications Executive (Events) to join the Performance54 team, working as part of the Marketing Team in its delivery of an extensive golf and corporate event portfolio.
The candidate will be based in the Performance54 offices in Riyadh (KSA). Regular International travel will be required.
A passion for the game of golf and extensive experience in a communications role within the golf or sports industries are essential.
The candidate must also be comfortable working on multiple projects concurrently and meeting tight deadlines. Experience in working on communications programmes for major international events is highly desirable.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy and Planning
- Working with the Communications Manager (Events), deliver a PR & Communications strategy and timeline, providing significant ROI to event partners
- Develop communications outputs to promote key messaging for each event, ensuring that all channels (internal and external) reinforce strategic narratives
- Work with the Head of Communications (Events) to deliver a thorough crisis communications strategy and action plan for each event, ensuring that situations which may cause a risk to reputation have been foreseen and addressed
- Conceptualise event activations and legacy programmes which have a real impact and then deliver significant media returns through their communication
- Liaise directly with event sponsors, sanctioning partners and the event owner to ensure the communications programme is providing value to their own marketing efforts. Likewise, identify opportunities whereby the event itself stands to benefit through closer working with these vested parties.
Leadership & Coordination
- Report regularly to event sponsors and the event owner regarding comms planning to ensure widespread awareness and acceptance of the strategy and its tactics
- Contribute to cohesive ways of working across the Event Marketing team to ensure full benefit is derived all marketing activity
Media engagement and liaison
- Utilise excellent media contacts in golf across broadcast, print, online and social media to deliver outstanding returns for all events
- Deliver a communications programme tailored to the geographical locations of and target markets for each event
- Distribute faultless communications to media targets and develop opportunities for select media targets to go deeper in their telling of key stories through close working relationships
- Leverage existing media partnerships through the development and distribution of additional or bespoke assets and/or information
Press centre management
- Play a contributing role in the management of the press centre on site at events, including:
– Organisation of press conferences, both virtual and in-person
– The issuing of media accreditation notices and ensuring key media are engaged early in order to secure their attendance
– The management of a multi-lingual newsroom, ensuring timely communications following the events of the day
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Utilise P54’s media monitoring systems for events to gauge progress and ROI
- Create and share event reports with stakeholders in a timely manner throughout the campaign
SPECIAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCE/APTITUDES NEEDED:
- Knowledge of current trends relating to sports marketing and communications
- Knowledge of the golf media landscape and a strong database of contacts in the golf media sector
- Experience in narrative development for brands or events
- Experience in a consumer communications role for a respected brand, organisation or event connected to golf
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain records and produce reports
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Company and Personal Bonus Scheme
- International travel
- Reports to Communications Manager (Events)