Performance54 is an energetic, innovative golf marketing agency, with a client base throughout Europe and Asia. Specialising in sponsorship strategy and activation, tournament promotion and management, PR and communications, and destination marketing, the Performance54 team boasts more than 40 years’ experience and has been trusted by some of the world’s best-known brands.
The opportunity exists for an experienced and motivated Commercial Director to join the Performance54 team, leading the acquisition of new partners/sponsors for a golf event series sanctioned by a major rights holder. The desired candidate will be based from the Performance54 offices in Greater London, with regular international travel to satellite offices in the UAE and KSA.
A comprehensive knowledge of working within golf and/or sports is required, with the preferred candidate holding at least 8+ years of experience in commercial partnerships. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, as is the ability to create, manage, and oversee the entire partnership recruitment process. The ideal candidate should have excellent relationships within golf and be able to pull on an extensive list of potential corporate contacts.
The role is tailored to help P54 acquire new partners / sponsors for the events series portfolio to elevate the fan experience and perception. The potential sponsors / partners may be local to each market the series is taking place – New York, London, Singapore and Jeddah. The candidate should have experience of working in different markets and/or working with brands that operate globally.
The candidate should be goal orientated and understand how to develop a schedule of rights and establish the associated fees to deliver ROI.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role requires a dynamic skill set, and the ability to work to timeframes across a busy event series to deliver:
– The creation and management of the CRM system
– A comprehensive list of prospective partners
– A tiered framework for categorising each partnership
– Oversight and management of the commercial and partnership team
– The creation and distribution of partnership / sponsorship collateral
– A sales strategy, including the management of all approaches, schedule of rights, meetings and negotiations
– Convert all partnership categories
– A process for liaising with other departments within the business, particularly:
o Guest services
– Regular updates to the Tournament Director
o WIP documents
– Client liaison
o Conference calls and meetings
o On-site management
– Ensure partners’ rights are delivered in full by working in collaboration with the Partnership team to understand nuances
o Oversee the development of the client’s marcomms strategy
o PR & Communications
o Content Development
o Guest management
SALARY & BENEFITS:
– Competitive Salary (location based)
– Generous Company and Personal Bonus Scheme
– Normal office hours (9am – 5.30pm), with regular travel and additional hours as required
– 33 days annual leave (including national holidays)