Performance54 is an energetic, innovative golf marketing agency, with a client base throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Specialising in sponsorship strategy and activation, tournament promotion and management, PR and communications, and destination marketing, the Performance54 team boasts unrivalled experience and is trusted by some of the world’s best-known brands.
The opportunity exists for an experienced, driven, and organised Advertising Manager (Events) to join the Performance54 team in its delivery of an extensive golf and corporate event portfolio.
The candidate will be based in the Performance54 offices in Riyadh (KSA). Regular International travel will be required.
A passion for the game of golf and good experience in an advertising role within the golf or sports industries are essential.
The candidate must also be comfortable working on multiple projects concurrently and meeting tight deadlines. Experience in working on marketing programmes for major international events is highly desirable.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Media Buying and Partnerships
- Working with the Head of International Media, Campaign Manager and Head of Communications (events) develop a strategic cross platform advertising plan for an international events portfolio
- Identify media trends and new channels to direct a strategic approach to meet the changing dynamics of the media environment
- Develop and own new and existing media partnerships in order to extract maximum benefit for the associated brands, and ensure that contracted rights are being delivered through engagement with internal delivery teams and external parties
- In conjunction with the Events Marketing team, agree creative activation strategies and take responsibility for their delivery on time and to budget, and ensure that they deliver pre-agreed returns
- Manage all advertising requirements associated to P54’s events portfolio
- Construct and activate advertising campaigns across digital and social media channels
- Google Adwords
- Social Media
- Provide account team with strategic insight – industry standards, new technologies, case studies etc.
Provide client with regular reports detailing performance and revenue generation
Work with Creative Design department to develop and implement artwork
Leadership & Coordination
- Report regularly to event sponsors and the event owner regarding advertising planning to ensure widespread awareness and acceptance of the strategy and its tactics
- Contribute to cohesive ways of working across the Event Marketing team to ensure full benefit is derived all marketing activity
Admin, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Take overall responsibility for all documentation relating to all accounts by establishing excellent practices among junior team
- This includes all documents relating to: Reporting and Media Tracking
- Work alongside Finance Department to ensure invoicing processes are adhered to
SPECIAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCE/APTITUDES NEEDED:
- Knowledge of current trends relating to sports marketing and advertising
- Knowledge of the golf media landscape and strong list of contacts in the sector
- Knowledge of SEO keyword research and implementation
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with Google Analytics
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of managing clients’ paid social
- Minimum of 3 years in a media buying role within golf or sports industries
- Some experience of commercial partnerships management
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain records and produce reports
- Knowledge and experience of working with Campaign Manager and Digital Ad trafficking
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Company and Personal Bonus Scheme
- 33 days annual leave (including national holidays)
- International travel
- Reports to Head of International Media