POSITION: Sponsorship Sales Manager
LOCATION: London, UK or Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
TERM: Full Time, Fixed until December 2022
The 54 Group (Performance54, Sport54, RedDoor54) is an energetic, innovative sports and events marketing agency, with a client base throughout Europe, the Middle East, US and Asia. Specialising in sponsorship strategy and activation, event promotion and management, PR and communications, and destination marketing, the 54 Group team is trusted by some of the world’s best-known brands.
The opportunity exists for a dynamic, motivated, and experienced Sponsorship Sales Manager to join the Performance54 team, to secure long-term commercial partnerships across a number of global golf events and properties.
The desired candidate must boast a sales background in sponsorship, and experience working in sport would be well received. Moreover, he / she should have excellent interpersonal skills and crave daily interaction with different people and projects, and approach daily work with an entrepreneurial mindset. We must think different and challenge the norm.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Managing a sales process from conception to close
• Developing contact strategies, identifying key decision makers and influencers within target accounts
• Select and qualify prospects based on detailed research
• Facilitating initial meetings with the support of other senior executives at Performance54
• Formulate and develop sales proposals in order to generate exclusive and compelling propositions
• Effective internal reporting on sales pipeline
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Strong capability to develop relationships at gate keeper through to senior management level.
• Ability to read personality, body language and behaviour to develop contact strategies and identify responses to proposals
• Experienced in dealing with direct sales models and managing the negotiation process
• Attention to detail in preparation of materials to support meetings
• Self-motivated, ambitious and hardworking
• Flexible approach to working
• Open mind set to sales approach, with a willingness to learn new skills and methodologies
• Capable of performing well under pressure
• Independent and innovative thinker
• Strong communication skills, both internally and externally
• Ability to read and bridge international cultures
• Ability to understand the broad strategy and brand objectives of major corporations
• Strong business to business sales background
• Experience of calling and arranging pitches with very senior executives and board members
• Well-grounded in direct sales and sales negotiation processes.
• Experience not necessarily from sports marketing or brand sales background.
• Not a manager of other sales individuals but a “doer”
• International experience beneficial
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• Competitive Salary
• 33 Days Annual Leave (Inc. Public Holidays)
• Travel Insurance
• Staff Kit Supplied
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) via Health Assured