54 is a sports agency seeking to lead sport into a new realm of possibility through creativity and innovation. Our services include sports strategy, marketing, events, commercial strategy as well as data and insights and sustainability strategy. Founded in 2015, 54 has cemented its position as one of the fastest growing sport agencies in the world.
Our clients are rights holders, governing bodies, household brands and major investors who share our belief in the power of sport.
We are searching for a Senior Management Accountant to join our management accounting team. This role is a newly created position designed to support the Group Financial Controller to create a best-in-class management accounting function. To achieve this, the senior management accountant will be a key driver behind providing the business with accurate and timely monthly reporting. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant to put their own stamp on a growing business within the Sports industry.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading and preparing the month-end file so it is ready for review by the Group Financial Controller.
- Taking ownership of the monthly P&L, ensuring accurate coding across the various projects/departments/regions.
- Working closely with the wider finance team ensuring that all transactions are posted as required in line with the monthly timetable.
- Maintaining accurate monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Regularly reviewing the monthly P&L and highlighting any errors identified to the wider finance team.
- Key role in annual audit process for primary statements
- Regularly performing variance analysis on the company’s accounts, identifying and investigating any discrepancies.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller with the consolidation of the group management accounts.
- Providing ad-hoc reports as required by the Group Financial Controller and CFO
- Consistently challenging the current way of working and providing recommendations on driving efficiency within the finance team.
- Educating the whole business on accounting processes, enforcing best practices along the way.
- Interacting with the FP&A team, supporting actuals vs budget commentary and analysis
- Be qualified with either ACA, ACCA, or CIMA
- Previous management accounting experience in a similar role
- Analytical mindset
- Organised with the ability to run a month end process to tight deadlines.
- Experienced using accounting systems, ideally Sage Intacct.
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and Vlookups.
- An eye for detail with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Interest in sports industry
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Discretionary Company Bonus – up to 8% – 3% Company & 5% Individual
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays), pro-rated
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Insurance
- Office F&B available daily
- P54 Goodie Bag
- Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 09.00 to 17.30 with an hour taken for lunch between 12.00 and 14.00 with travel and additional hours as reasonably required.