54 is a sports agency seeking to lead sport into a new realm of possibility through creativity and innovation. Our services include sports strategy, marketing, events, commercial strategy as well as data and insights and sustainability strategy. Founded in 2015, 54 has cemented its position as one of the fastest growing sport agencies in the world.
Our clients are rights holders, governing bodies, household brands and major investors who share our belief in the power of sport.
Reporting into the Guest Services Director, the Senior Event Manager will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day management of the Guest Services department and the delivery of the company’s international portfolio of professional Tour events.
The Senior Events Manager must boast international event experience and an understanding of the professional golf ecosystem, its stakeholders, rightsholders and suppliers. They must boast strong personal and team motivational skills, provide leadership and mentorship and be comfortable working remotely and unsupervised. They must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and lead by example at all times. A keen eye for detail and ability to work to tight deadlines with excellent communication skills.
Tasked with delivering core aspects of the event, and supported by Senior 54 Management, the Senior Events Manager must be comfortable managing a variety of relationships and have the flexibility to travel internationally, and the ability to work in different cultures.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy & Planning
- Support on the creation of event visions, delivery and execution plan for all Guest Services
- Assist in the management of supplier briefs, contracts and scopes of service
- Assist in the management of event budgets
- Assist in the management of 54 Guest Services event delivery team
- Liaise with marketing team to ensure integration into overall event strategy and direction
- Liaise with commercial team to ensure alignment with commercial partners and sponsors
- Liaise with clients on event delivery, timelines and status
- Assist in producing detailed proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing, budgets)
- Research venues, suppliers/contractors and negotiate prices
- Support client, rightsholder, stakeholder and internal team calls, meetings and workshops
- Support across site visits and event planning
- Support across guest negotiations, requirements and services
Leadership & Coordination
- Be an excellent communicator and team player
- Liaise regularly with other departments to ensure alignment
- Contribute good insights in senior management meetings
- Encourage and develop best-practice across the business
- Provide insights and development of direct reports
- Support and guide a team of skilled professionals to deliver a wide range of activities ensuring high standards of engagements
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Provide concise updates to stakeholders in a timely manner about event delivery and status
- Produce post event de-briefs and performance reports to inform future events
- Present to staff during company forums
- Set key performance indicators for direct reports and monitor progress
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Reporting to Guest Services Director
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Discretionary Company Bonus – up to 8% – 3% Company & 5% Individual
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays), pro-rated
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Insurance
- Office F&B available daily
- P54 Goodie Bag
- Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 09.00 to 17.30 with an hour taken for lunch between 12.00 and 14.00 with travel and additional hours as reasonably required.