54 is a sports agency seeking to lead sport into a new realm of possibility through creativity and innovation. Our services include sports strategy, marketing, events, commercial strategy as well as data and insights and sustainability strategy. Founded in 2015, 54 has cemented its position as one of the fastest growing sport agencies in the world.
Our clients are rights holders, governing bodies, household brands and major investors who share our belief in the power of sport.
54 is looking for an experienced Key Account Director, to take ownership of key clients and enable them to maximise their investments in sport, both domestically and internationally.
The Key Account Director will also help to drive the future direction of the 54 business and capitalise on the immediate investments and focus on sports, entertainment and sustainability, and as such needs to always think about driving revenue with key clients.
The desired candidate must boast a varied account management background in sports, media, marketing, or advertising, as well as an understanding of media trends, social media and digital media, and be experienced in writing multi-platform PR, marketing and activation strategies for clients and overseeing a team to ensure delivery is of an excellent standard. Moreover, he / she should have excellent interpersonal skills and crave daily interaction with different people and projects, and approach daily work with an entrepreneurial mindset. We must think different and challenge the norm.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Have strong relations and regular dialogue with partners to develop solutions in-line with client objectives
- Lead all meetings and conference calls with a focus on in-person meetings wherever possible
- Understand the intricacies of each partner and how solutions will often be bespoke for each
- Ensure client reports are delivered in time and are meeting KPI’s
- Hold strong industry relationships (attend industry events to develop network)
Marketing & Activation Planning & Implementation
- Develop annual (and ad hoc project-based) marketing and activation strategies for clients
- Provide clients with insights on best-practice
- Drive the development of all planning documents
- Lead a dynamic team to generate success for partners and ultimately the 54 business
- Management of client initiatives including (but not limited to):
- PR & Communications,
- Social Media management
- Content Development (in conjunction with production partners)
- Work in conjunction with marketing functions, whether internal and external resources, to deliver best-in-class results e.g. advertising and content teams
- Research & Analysis
- Lead the creation of new business pitches and decks in collaboration with Commercial Director
- Identify new areas for future growth – through in-depth, excellent client relationships (new sectors, new collaborations, new joint ventures)
- Concise updates to all directors on client delivery and new business opportunities
- Present to staff during company forums
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong account management background with 5+ years of experience
- Demonstrable experience of delivering strategic projects /processes
- Excellent communicator, with the confidence to manage relationships with stakeholders across all levels & teams
- Ability to work under own initiative and self-motivate
- Knowledge of project management and working to deadlines
- Autonomous self-starter with the ability to deliver in a fast-paced organisation with continual change
- Arabic speaking is preferred
- Experience working across the GCC is essential
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Discretionary Company Bonus – up to 8% – 3% Company & 5% Individual
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays), pro-rated
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Insurance
- P54 Goodie Bag
- Working hours will be Sunday to Thursday, 09.00 to 17.30 with an hour taken for lunch between 12.00 and 14.00 with travel and additional hours as reasonably required.