54 is a sports agency seeking to lead sport into a new realm of possibility through creativity and innovation. Our services include sports strategy, marketing, events, commercial strategy as well as data and insights and sustainability strategy. Founded in 2015, 54 has cemented its position as one of the fastest growing sport agencies in the world.
Our clients are rights holders, governing bodies, household brands and major investors who share our belief in the power of sport.
We are looking for a high-performing, driven, versatile and highly organised professional to spearhead the finance function and assist the CFO in all finance-related aspects of running the business. As the second most senior role in the finance function, this individual must bring with them a breadth of experience and be able to comfortably assert authority amongst other senior members of the company and up to board level. This individual needs to be analytical in their approach, with a high attention to detail and excellent communication skills. As this is a very broad role, this individual must be highly adaptable and possess the ability to manage numerous ongoing tasks at once. This role will report directly into the CFO and have two direct and four indirect reports into it.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive the budget preparation and review process for the group companies to facilitate effective financial management.
- Manage the finance team to ensure smooth running of the finance function and continuous learning and development of the team and processes.
- Take the lead on other ad hoc tasks such as forecasting, budgeting, stat accounts prep, tax planning, system implementation/migration, building commission structures, analyzing project profitability and rate card/costing calculations, amongst many others.
- Review group management reports on a regular basis with the Finance Team to ensure classifications of expense are accurate and in line with budget expectations.
- Ensure the payables process is being managed efficiently from acceptance of invoice through to submission of payables list for CFO approval
- Ensure the receivables process is being managed efficiently and optimizing cash recovery
- Manage the preparation of the Group Management Accounts for review by the CFO, including variance analysis to provide financial and supporting information to the decision-making process
- Review the month end close along with the Group Management Accountant to ensure accruals and prepayments in line with the accounting recognition policies.
- Ensure the Finance Team are adhering to relevant policies and procedures to ensure clear audit trail ready for review at external audit.
- Review and solve ad hoc issues that may arise, such as VAT, WHT, company secretarial actions, etc.
The ideal candidate
- ACA qualified with relevant post-qualified experience as FD or FC
- Strong technical skills, including consolidation and group accounting
- Proven leadership and managerial skills
- Experience in senior stakeholder management and business partnering
- Analytical brain with an affinity for all things numerical
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Well-organised, self-motivated and pro-active in their thinking
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Discretionary Company Bonus – up to 8% – 3% Company & 5% Individual
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays), pro-rated
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Insurance
- Office F&B available daily
- P54 Goodie Bag
- Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 09.00 to 17.30 with an hour taken for lunch between 12.00 and 14.00 with travel and additional hours as reasonably required.