54 is a sports agency seeking to lead sport into a new realm of possibility through creativity and innovation. Our services include sports strategy, marketing, events, commercial strategy as well as data and insights and sustainability strategy. Founded in 2015, 54 has cemented its position as one of the fastest growing sport agencies in the world.
Our clients are rights holders, governing bodies, household brands and major investors who share our belief in the power of sport.
The opportunity exists for a dynamic, motivated and experienced Event Director to join the Performance54 team, to oversee the delivery of various events in the company’s portfolio. The Event Director will be responsible for all aspects of the event deliveries, including management of the Performance54 event team, rightsholder, partner and client liaison, and budget management. The desired candidate must boast extensive international event experience and understanding of the event ecosystem, it’s stakeholders, rightsholders and suppliers. They must boast strong personal motivation, and be comfortable working remotely and unsupervised, and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. A keen eye for detail and ability to work to tight deadlines, with excellent communication skills are essential.
Tasked with delivering core aspects of the event, and supported by Senior Performance54 Management, the candidate must be comfortable managing a variety of relationships and have the flexibility to travel internationally, and ability to work in different cultures.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement strategic approach to project management, aimed at streamlining communications, creating consistency in delivery, and maximizing cost efficiencies
- Lead on creation of event vision, delivery and execution plan and itinerary
- Management of supplier briefs, contracts and scopes of service
- Management of event budgets
- Management of Performance54 event delivery team
- Rightsholder liaison
- Liaison with marketing team to ensure integration into overall event strategy and direction
- Liaison with commercial team to ensure alignment with commercial partners and sponsors
- Liaison with event broadcasters, maximising partner and stakeholder value
- Lead client liaison on event delivery, timelines and status
- Lead client, rightsholder, stakeholder and internal team calls, meetings and workshops
- Support across host venue agreements and requirements
- Support across talent negotiations and services
Client Liaison / Account Management
- Develop strong relations with client and lead relevant conference calls and meetings
- Be an excellent communicator and team player
- Liaise regularly with other departments to ensure alignment
- Contribute good insights in senior management meetings
- Encourage and develop best-practice across the business
- Provide insights and development of direct reports
New Business Pitching
- Support on the creation of new business pitches and decks, where appropriate
- Creative thinking, driving innovative, engaging, revenue generating concepts and ideas
- Provide intel (eg. industry knowledge) around prospective new clients for P54
- Support across developing new event platforms and properties for P54
- Concise updates to Company Directors and Executive Management on client and event delivery and status
- Regular top line summary reports to Global Events Director
- Present to staff during company forums
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competive salary
- Annual Discretionary Company Bonus – up to 8% – 3% Company & 5% Individual
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays), pro-rated
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Insurance
- P54 Goodie Bag
- Working hours will be Sunday to Thursday, 09.00 to 17.30 with an hour taken for lunch between 12.00 and 14.00 with travel and additional hours as reasonably required.