Performance54 is an energetic and innovative golf marketing agency, with a client base throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Specialising in sponsorship strategy and activation, tournament promotion and management, PR and communications, media buying and advertising strategy, content generation and destination marketing, the Performance54 team boasts unrivalled golf marketing experience and has been trusted by some of the world’s best-known brands.
The opportunity exists for an experienced, enthusiastic and creative Campaign Director – Event Marketing to join the Performance54 team, playing a pivotal role in the delivery of the company’s events portfolio, including the Aramco Team Series, the Saudi International and the Saudi Ladies International. The ideal candidate will have highly relevant experience in directing the marketing function, adhering to best practice and utilising insights to deliver against event KPIs, particularly in driving event attendance and commercial returns.
The candidate must be comfortable working on multiple projects and to tight deadlines. Strong organisational skills and the ability to lead teams is required, as is excellent attention to detail.
The candidate will be based in the Performance54 offices in Camberley (UK), although Performance54 champions a flexible model of working, whereby daily office working is not required. International travel will be necessary, including attending all Golf Saudi-owned event properties (circa 12-16 weeks travel per year). Some Sunday working may be required as standard to align with the working week in the Middle East.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role requires a varied skillset and the ability to lead the event marketing function in the delivery of solutions drawn from across the entire marketing mix:
- Develop communications and activations strategies for Performance54’s portfolio of professional tour events (currently 8 annual events)
- Achieve success against event marketing KPIs, which will be closely aligned to meeting sponsor objectives, enhancing brand awareness, driving ticket sales and achieving commercial returns
- Work closely with the commercial team to understand and integrate creative solutions for event partners and commercial sponsors
- Lead the Campaign Manager, Production Manager, PR & Comms Manager, Advertising Manager and Design Studio, as well as all event marketing staff and external agencies, in the delivery of world-class event campaigns
- Devise and overseeing the delivery of outstanding creative activations (content and otherwise) for each individual event, which demonstrate the full extent of Performance54’s creativity and capability
- Ensure CSR and community impact exist at the heart of Performance54 events, by developing meaningful and creative activations, partnerships and initiatives
- Commission and utilise research and insights to support the continued progression of Performance54’s event marketing offer
- Evaluate and analyse the success of each event campaign to ensure key learnings are ingrained in future delivery
- Foster outstanding client relations throughout the event marketing team and ensure effective reporting structures both internally and externally
SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
In addition to skills commensurate with the above, the successful candidate will display the following:
- Experience in conceptualising, creating and delivering cross-platform marketing campaigns for significant sporting events
- Experience in achievement of high event attendance through delivery of successful campaign delivery
- Interest in professional golf is required; experience of golf event marketing is desirable
- Brand management experience, ensuring key narratives and brand elements are protected throughout all activity
- Proven ability to lead senior members of the marketing team, including communications, social media and advertising
- Stakeholder management experience, dealing appropriately with C-Suite individuals internally and externally
- Budget holder and responsibility for all event marketing spend
- Committed to detail and adherence to set timelines, planning documentation and process
SALARY & BENEFITS
- £55-60,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Discretionary Annual Bonus up to 8% of salary
- International Travel
- Employee pension contributions
- Teambuilding and social events
- Flexibility to work from home
- Reports to Director of Events and Executive Director