The Ladies European Tour was reignited in 2021 with golf’s most innovative new team format, in which amateur golfers tee-up alongside three tour pros in a fourball.
While pros compete for both an individual and team prize within each event, one of the key features making the Aramco Team Series format unique is that the scores of the amateurs can contribute to the results of the main team competition.
Team scores are comprised of the best two nett scores from each fourball per hole, while the pros individual scores contribute towards official Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings points.
With a total prize fund of $1M at each event, Aramco has become the single most significant supporter of the LET, with the Aramco Team Series events plus the Aramco-backed Saudi Ladies International presented by PIF, represented approximately 40% of the total purse for the 2021 LET schedule.
In its first year the Aramco Team Series was contested on four occasions in four different venues across the globe in London, UK; Sotogrande, Spain; New York, U.S.; and Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. As well as the best of the LET, the fun new format welcomed global golf stars including Nelly and Jess Korda, Lexi Thompson, Georgia Hall, Charley Hull, Minjee Lee and Anna Nordqvist.
Performance54 works across these events with services provided to tournament title sponsor, Aramco, and tournament owner, Golf Saudi. Providing marketing through integrated advertising, social media, PR and comms, and content production campaigns, Performance54 is wholly involved in the delivery of all marketing for the series. The Draft, a NFL style team selection, The Driving Force Powered by Aramco, and Smash Factor have been some headline content produced throughout this year’s series. Meanwhile, CSR initiatives backed by each event has left lasting positive legacies at every venue.
Working with sister company, RedDoor54, the fan zone is designed and built for each event to provide a great fan experience for those attending each event that wish to take a break from watching the world’s best ladies’ golfers.
In addition, Performance54 is responsible for the full event operations and staging including extensive guest management that encompasses several VVIPs working closely with the event stakeholders including the Ladies European Tour, all helping to make these events the great success that they have been.
- 4 events, 4 golfers per team, $4M in prize funds – nearly 40% of the overall 2021 LET schedule prize purse
- First team events on LET schedule
- ATS NYC was the first LET schedule event to take place in the U.S.
- 164 tour professionals took part across the series including seven of the world top 20
- A total of 100 accredited media attended the events
- 3K pieces of media coverage generated with a potential reach of 7.1bn with media value of $180.9m
- As a firm commitment of each event to address gender equality and create local impact. These include:
- Aramco Team Series – London and The Girls Network, to mentorship opportunities to girls from disadvantaged communities, as well as providing the charity with a platform to promote its vision and mission;
- Aramco Team Series – Sotogrande providing funding for the Andalusian Golf Federation to grow golf for young girls from different backgrounds across Southern Spain;
- Aramco Team Series – New York and Girls on the Green Tee who used its platform to highlight issues around diversity and inclusion in the sport with financial backing to drive the charity’s objectives for young girls through golf: leadership development, self-esteem, confidence, and fitness experiences; and
- Aramco Team Series – Jeddah and the Ladies First Club powered by Aramco provided local Saudi females unprecedented access to tour professionals and participation.